How To Cook Embutido Easily Recipe & Tutorial
So What's Embutido?
Embutido is the Filipino version of the Meatloaf. It is a well-known dish served on special occasions and town fiestas. Several meat processing companies now produce embutido for commercial purposes; Although you can’t deny the taste is quite different from naturally prepared Embutido, that’s why I’m sharing to you my own personal recipe handed down to me from my grandmother.
You can serve embutido either warm or cold or even fried or steamed. I like to eat my Embutido fried and warm with our favorite banana ketchup on the side. You can also freeze embutido so that it would last longer. But make sure that you don’t over exposed it in room temperature for a couple of hours or more. Do not microwave it with aluminum foil. Try my delicious Embutido recipe.
|Easy Embutido Cooking Recipe and Tutorial|
Ingredients we need:
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lbs. Ground pork
- 3 pieces hard boiled eggs, sliced evenly
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 13 pieces sausage or 7 pieces hotdogs, cut it diagonally (see video)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 can pineapple tidbits(optional)
Step by Step Cooking Procedures:
1. Place the ground pork in a large container.
2. Add the bread crumbs then break the raw eggs and add it in then mix well.
3. Put-in the carrots, bell peppers (red and green), onion, pickle relish, and cheddar cheese. Mix thoroughly and evenly.
4. Add the raisins, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper then mix well.
5. Place the meat mixture in an aluminum foil and flatten it. (See video)
6. Put in the sliced sausage or hotdogs and sliced boiled eggs alternately on the middle of the flat meat mixture.
7. Roll the foil to form a cylinder then lock the sausage and egg in the middle if the meat mixture. Once done, twist both ends of the foil.
8. Place in a steamer and let cook for about an hour.
9. Place inside the refrigerator until temperature turns cold.
10. Slice and serve. Share and Enjoy!
*You can also fry it or steam it again if you like it hot.
Here's a quick Cooking Video Tutorial:
For questions and suggestions Please comment below.